Monday, August 26, 2013

Just Another Manic Monday! :)

Today has been a great Monday! The kiddos seem well rested and have been ready to learn all day. I loved seeing some of the kids at the Wellington pizza/movie night on Thursday! I hope to see more from our class at the next PTA event!

This week...
In language arts, we are continuing with the short a sound and have added the -an and -at word families. Our five spelling words are: cat, fat, rat, ran, pan
I can recognize that blending letters can make new sounds.
I can describe the connection between two events in text.
I can listen to the comments of others and share my own ideas.
I can print all upper and lower cases letters correctly. 
I can sound out words by blending letter sounds.

In math, we started Chapter 2- Number Bonds. Ask your child to show you part-part-whole.
I can use number bomds to show part-part-whole.
I can make number bonds for numbers to 10.
I can make a number bond with 3 parts.
I can find the missing part of a number bond.

A PINK paper is going home today about our therapy dog, Vader. Please send that back as soon as you can so that we can start this wonderful program!

BABY UPDATE!
I have a sub secured for my maternity leave and I know you all will love her! You will have a chance to meet her at our curriculum night on September 5th (more info to follow). Since I have gestational diabetes, the doctors have me going in 2 times a week for monitoring. Right now, they are thinking baby Tipton will be here in about 2 weeks! This is a very exciting time for my family and I want you to know that things should continue as normal when I am out.