Last week was such a great week! I have no doubt that this week will be better.
This week...
· Your child will have 5 spelling words written in
their agenda. We will have a test over these on Friday.
· Please sign their agenda EVERY NIGHT so that I
know they did their homework.
· Homework starts today. Please do only one page
a day and then turn it in the next day.
·
I have started writing reteaches in your child's binder. They should be able to tell you
why they got a reteach. Please do not punish them, they are just learning and
sometime they just need to be retaught.
I do have some pictures I would love to post but I am still waiting on a few more blog permission slips. Once I have everyone's slip, I will start posting pictures! YAY!!
Today we wrote our spelling words with sidewalk chalk outside! The kiddos loved this! We also started learning about our reading program "Daily Five". In this program, your child will have 5 choices to choose from for reading. So far, we have only discussed "Read to Self". Here are a few images of what this looks like.
In Math, we started Chapter 1- Numbers to 10. I know that most kiddos are above this, however, this chapter will serve as a great review for everyone.
Important Dates…
PTA Movie night is August 22NO SCHOOL August 23
