Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Class News! (I'm having difficulty loading pictures, I will try again tomorrow.)

Vader came to meet the kiddos Friday! He will be in every Monday to read with the kids.  (picture)

Spirit Friday
Wear your favorite team colors Friday!!

Lunch Count
A piece of paper was glued in your child's agenda today about our sack lunch on September 20th. Please fill that out so that we can have an accurate count.

Celebrity Reader
Today's celebrity reader was Christian's mom! (picture)

Curriculum Night
First grades curriculum night is Thursday. You will have a chance to meet the substitute on this night, as well. I hope you will be able to make it!

This week's spelling words:
cap
lap
map
rag
wag

This week...
I can read, decode, and spell ag, ap words.
I can identify ag, ap words in the text.
I can answer key questions about details in the story.
I can explain that asking questions is an important comprehension strategy.
I can model what listening looks like. I can identify a complete sentence.
I can identify and follow the agreed upon rules for discussion.
I can use past tense verbs in a  sentence.
I can identify the topic of a text.
I cam identify the author's topic of the text.
I can make a number bond with 3 parts.
I can find a missing part on a number bond.
I can demonstrate my knowledge of  a part, part, whole relationship.