Saturday, April 28, 2018

This week...

Specials
Monday- PE
Tuesday- Art
Wednesday-STEM
Thursday- Tech
Friday- Library

Important Info
5/1- Ms. McAfee's last day (please consider donating to her basket)
5/10- First grade play 6:30pm- Please let me know if your child WILL NOT be at the evening performance. Eveyone will need to wear a RED shirt and jeans for this.
5/14- Chorus sings the National Anthem at the Legends game
5/29- FUN day (Field day)- contact Caryn Ray if you wold like volunteer to run a station.
5/31- Last day of school awards (10:15) and first grade family picnic


Phonics
Standard:
I can read and write ‘ear’ and ‘are’ words correctly.
1.      bear
2.      wear
3.      careful
4.      scare
5.      share
6.      spare
7.      fair
8.      pair
9.      hair
10.  dairy
Language
Standard:
L.1.6 Responding to text (evidence)- Derby style!
Comprehension
Standard:
RI 1.10
I can read short informational texts and ask questions about what I have read.
Writing
Standard:
W.1.2
Informative/Explanatory
Math
I can correctly use and talk about calendar (days, months, weeks, year).

Your child should know: their birthday, the days of the week and the months in order. If they don’t please work on this at home.