Sunday, April 15, 2018

This Week...

Specials
Monday- STEM
Tuesday- Technology
Wednesday- Library
Thursday-Music
Friday-PE

Important Notes and Dates
4/18- Spring Picture Day!
4/19-Thursday- Cincinnati Zoo
4/20- Friday- 3rd quarter Awards (you have been contacted already if your child is receiving one)
4/25 MAP test Math
4/27- MAP test Reading
Upcoming---- Mark your calendars! We will have our classroom awards on the last day of school with a first grade family picnic to follow!

Phonics
Standard:
I can read and write words with kn, gn and wr correctly.
1.      gnat
2.      gnaw
3.      kneel
4.      knife
5.      knob
6.      know
7.      wrap
8.      write
9.      wrist
10.  wrong

We call letters you can’t here “ghost letters”.
Image result for ghost letters anchor chart
Language
Standard:
L.1.4a
I can use Context Clues to understand tricky words.
Image result for context clues anchor chart 2nd grade
Comprehension
Standard:
RI.1.7
I can tell about important ideas by using the illustrations and details in a text.

We will learn about 3 specific habitats this week.
Writing
Standard:
W.1.2
Informative/Explanatory

We are starting our animal research for our zoo PBL project.
Math
1.NBT.1
I can count within 120 going forwards, backwards, and using common patterns.

CAR GAME!!! Skip counting---- please practice skip counting by 10s, 5s,  and 2s to 100.
Image result for skip counting anchor chart