Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Short u, Capital Letters, Ask and Answer Questions, Making Numbers to 10

Spelling Words
This week, the spelling words are differentiated into two list (I spoke about this at curriculum night).
 
List A
tug
rug
sun
fun
cuff
snug
slug
 
List B
snug
slug
stuck
lump
luck
cuff
under
 
Please make sure to turn in homework daily. I will check it every morning with your child and reteach skills missed.



The word on the street this week is STEWARDSHIP: making wise choices.
Here are our instructional outcomes for this week:
I can identify short vowel sounds in words spoken aloud (short u).
I can blend sounds to read words.
I can identify middle sounds in words.
I can read and write first grade sight words (on-going).
I can ask and answer questions about key details in informational text. (informational text)
I can identify important rules to follow during a discussion.
I can apply capital letters and punctuation marks correctly when writing (on-going).
I can understand that writing is just telling on paper.
I can tell a story instead of naming parts.
I can understand that writers need to build stamina to produce quality work.
I can represent put together situations counting to ten.
I can represent all the numbers pairs of 10 as number bonds from given scenario, and generate all expressions equal to 10.
I can apply math strategies to count-on.


This week...
September 9: Picture Day