Monday, September 14, 2015

Short e, Text Features, Capital Letters and Punctuation, Addition Stories

Spelling List A
jet
wet
leg
beg
ten
shed
step

Spelling List B
chest
help
step
them
when
shed
bled

Word on the Street (<--- Hey kids, look it's a caption!)
Here are our instructional outcomes for this week:
I can identify short vowel sounds in words spoken aloud (short e).
I can blend sounds to read words.
I can identify middle sounds in words.
I can read and write first grade sight words (on-going).
I can know and use various text features.
I can identify important rules to follow during a discussion.
I can apply capital letters and punctuation marks correctly when writing (on-going).
I can add details and a setting to my story.
I can understand that writers need to build stamina to produce quality work.
I can represent put together situations counting to ten.
I can solve word problems with addend unknown.
I can apply math strategies to count-on.
Non-Fiction Text Features Anchor Chart | Daily 5/Cafe | Pinterest



Our calendar person Gus and his assistant Philip.


A math game of missing addends. The students had 10 total chips. One student hid some in a cup and then the other student had to guess how many were missing.













A game of "no peeking" isn't for everyone. :)


JC trying to block Gus from peeking.


No peeking! :)