Monday, September 21, 2015

Personal Narratives (Experiences), Missing Addends, "TH" digraphs, Characters and Settings

Spelling List A
bath
the
thin
that
path
think
this

Spelling List B
they
thank
think
teeth
other
thunder
Thursday


WORD ON THE STREET---- Collaboration


Here are our instructional outcomes for this week:
I can blend sounds to read words.
I can identify middle sounds in words.
I can identify the sounds digraph th makes.
I can create the sound digraph th makes.

 I can read and write first grade sight words (on-going).
I can identify important rules to follow during a discussion.
I can apply capital letters and punctuation marks correctly when writing (on-going).
I can understand that writers need to build stamina to produce quality work.
I can represent put together situations counting to ten.
I can solve word problems with addend unknown.
I can apply math strategies to count-on.
I can use key details to describe the characters in the text.
I can describe the setting using the key details from the story.
I can retell stories using key details
.


Important Dates
Monday- Bookfair Shopping Day
Tuesday- Grandparent's Day (10:45)
Wednesday- Teddy Bear Day (letter sent home on Tuesday)
Thursday- First Grade Teddy Bear Picnic
Friday- Field Trip (no backpacks needed)