Sunday, January 21, 2018

Long i, Prefixes, Suffixes, Penguins, Data and Time

Specials
Monday-STEM
Tuesday- Technology
Wednesday-Library
Thursday- Music
Friday- Day 0 STEM DAY

Important Info
**Don't forget to return your signed report card envelopes if you haven't already.**
*MAP data will be sent home soon!
2/1- 100th day of school (pending no more snow days)! Dress up as 100 year olds!
2/2 Penguin day- dress like a penguin (wear black and white or get creative)
2/8- Wellington Math Night! 6pm


Phonics
Standard:
RF 1.3c
Long I
I     Y     IGH     IE
I can read and write words with Y, IGH and IE.
1.   find
2. night
3. by
4.kind
5. right
6. my
7. pie
8. dry
Language
Standard:
L.1.4b
Prefixes
I can use the beginnings of words to help me figure out what it means.

L.1.4b
Suffixes
I can use the endings of words to help me figure out what it means.
Comprehension
Standard:
RI.1.6 Pictures vs. Words
I can find some information from pictures and some information from the words in nonfiction books.


Monday- Emperor Penguins
Tuesday- Measure Up!
Wednesday- Gentoo Penguins
Thursday- Chinstrap Penguins
Friday- Macaroni Penguins
Writing
Standard:
W.1.1 I can write my opinion about a topic and give reasons for my thinking.
Math
Standard:
1.MD.4
I can collect and organize data in a chart or table.
I can ask and answer questions about the data from a chart or a table.
1.MD.3
I can tell time to the hour on an analog and digital clock.