Sunday, January 28, 2018

Long e, Compound Words, Opinion, Time

Specials
Monday- PE
Tuesday- Art
Wednesday-STEM
Thursday-Technology
Friday-Library

Important Info
1/31- 99th day (defeating Dr. Evil Double Digit)
2/1- 100th day of school- Dress like you are 100 years old!
2/2-Penguin Day- Dress in black and white and/or get creative

Phonics
Standard:
RF 1.3c
Long E
Y    EY
I can read and write words with Y and EY.

1.    Bumpy
2. Puppy
3.  Funny
4.  Penny
5.  Sandy
6.   Bunny
7.  Key
8.  Monkey

Rule: If the word ends in a y and it’s more than one syllable it will have a long e sound.

Rule: One syllable words that end in y make the long I sound (try, dry, fly, my)
Language
Standard:
Compound words
I can make a new word by putting two words together.

Comprehension
Standard:
RI 1.9 Similarities and differences between two texts on same topic
I can find things that are the same and different in two nonfiction books that teach about the same topic.
Writing
Standard:
W.1.1
I can write my opinion about a topic and give reasons for my thinking.
Math
1.MD.3 Time to the hour and half hour.
The key to telling time is to understand the "front yard". Each number has a "front yard" and that's where the hour hand will be. Look at the shaded areas to help understand this.