SHHHHH!!! It's a surprise for the kids!! Wear all black on Thursday, January 15th for a SUPERHERO activity.
Spelling looks a little different this week. both list now have 6 words, with two sight words. In order to have mastered all the sight words, your child must be able to read and write the word. Also, on the spelling test, I will ask the students to write a complete sentence using one of their spelling words. I will be checking for correct conventions (capital letters, punctuation mark, spacing, spelling word is spelled correctly, all the words are in the sentence). You may have your child practice writing their spelling words in a sentence.
Spelling List A
tow
row
soak
goal
mow
boat
the
of
Spelling List B
blow
throw
show
snow
toast
goat
you
that
Math
I can count tens and ones.
I can compare groups of objects.
I can tell how many more.
Reading
I can identify text features.
I can describe a text feature.
I can clarify the meaning of an unkown word.
I can identify a verb.
I can use a verb in a sentence.
I can tell if a verb is past, present or future tense.
I can identify the long o sound.
The 100th day of school is slated for January 27th (if no more snow days). More info to come about our special activities! I will also be sending a volunteer spot too!
Monday, January 12, 2015
This week... (SURPRISE INSIDE)
Posted by Mrs. Tipton's Treasures at 2:53 PM