Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Happy New Year!! :) :) I Have Missed EVERYONE!!

I am sooooo excited to be back at school!! All the kiddos seem like they have grown 2 feet! I have greatly enjoyed my time at home with my babies but I was anxious to see how much the kiddos have learned while I have been out. Ms. Highlander did a fabulous job with them!

I want to say thank you to everyone who emailed me to check on my little guy. He is almost all better, only having 2-3 coughing episodes a day now. Even though they call whooping cough the "100 day cough", he is on day 52 and seems to be almost finished with it. Yay!!! I hate that in his first three months of life he has had to deal with this but I am grateful that he is healing.

A new January calendar is coming home today in your child's folder. Please leave it in there and write in the specials days as we go along. Due to the snow days and to future days we might miss, it is easier just to write them in. If a day is missed, we will continue the next special day on the day we return. (Hope this makes since?!) Reminder... on PE days to send your child in appropriate clothes/shoes.

This week...
We are finishing up new years activities that we had planned for last week.
No homework this week!
No spelling words this week!
Starting a unit about penguins with informational text. (Lots of cute/fun activities with this to teach the standards.)

Agenda Change!!!!
Your child will write their homework daily in their agenda and any important events. I will do my best to check over these to make sure they are "legiable". If i happen to miss your child's, I want to apologize in advance. :) Just send me and email or write me a note so that I can fix it.

New Supplies
Check with your child to see how their markers are holding up. Some kiddos need new ones! Also, if you are out and about and could pick up a new composition book, or two, we would be greatly appreciative! (Their books are filling up fast... which is a GREAT problem to have!)

Important Dates
1/17- MAP Reading test
1/20- NO SCHOOL
1/22 All Pros Dad Breakfast
1/27- MAP Math test