Sunday, February 4, 2018

AR, Pronouns, African American Achievers, Opinion, 10 More and 10 Less

Specials
Monday-
Tuesday- PE
Wednesday-
Thursday-
Friday-

Important Info

  • Thursday- Math night ( I am offering a "sit by a friend" pass to any student that goes to this!)
  • PTA Fundraisers went home Friday! Check your child's backpack if you didn't one.
  • Don't forget to return the field trip slip for the Explorium. Please consider chaperoning!
  • We will also be going to see Elephant and Piggie "We Are in a Play" at LCT in March. Chaperones won't be needed but I wanted to let you know in case you were planning to see it with our families too.


Valentine's Info
A letter will come home tomorrow explaining everything but here's the gist...

  • We will be having a party on Valentine's Day! 
  • We have 23 students.
  • If your child has a box, they are welcome to bring that in. If they don't have one, we will be making cute heart shaped bags.
  • Please write ONLY your child's name in the "from" part of the valentines. This will help with passing them out. 
  • REMEMBER... we have a peanut allergy in our class, so no peanut candy allowed.


Phonics
Standard:
“ar”
RF 1.3c
I can read and write words with ar.
1.   arm
2.  art
3.  barn
4.  cart
5.  harm
6.  yarn
7.  chart
8.      smart
Language
Standard:
Pronouns
L.1.1.D I can use pronouns (I, me, she, he, my, they, them, their, anyone, everything).
Comprehension
Standard:
RI 1.9 Similarities and differences between two texts on same topic

African American Achievers week:
Monday- George Washington Carver
Tuesday- Fredrick Douglas
Wednesday- Ruby Bridges
Thursday- Jackie Robinson
Friday- Rosa Parks

Writing
W.1.1 Opinion Writing
The most important African American is...
Math
1.NBT.5 - I can identify 10 more or 10 less for any two digit number.

examples of counting by tens from any number:
*10, 20, 30, 40
*23, 33, 43, 53
*41, 51, 61, 71