Specials
Wednesday-PE
Thursday- Art
Friday- STEM
Important Notes
1/3 Welcome Back and Happy New Year!
1/8 Reading MAP Test- get lots of sleep and eat a good breakfast
1/12 Math MAP Test- get lots of sleep and eat a good breakfast
1/12 Report cards go home
1/19 K-2 Awards Ceremony (emails have been sent out if your child is receiving an award)
1/25 Dress like a penguin day for our class! (wear black and white and/or get creative)
Phonics
Standard:
RF
1.3c
Long
A
AI AY
I
can read and write words with AI, and AY.
No spelling words this week! |
Language
Standard:
L.1.5D
Shades of Meaning (verbs)
I
can tell or show the difference between verbs that are almost alike.
|
Comprehension
Standard:
RI.1.5
Text Features
I
can understand and use all the helpful parts of nonfiction books to help me
find important facts and details.
RI.1.4
Clarify Meaning
I
can ask and answer questions to help me understand new words
I am
super excited to start our unit on Penguins! Over the next couple of weeks, the students will learn
their comprehension standards by reading text on penguins and learning all about different types of penguins. We will end the unit by dressing like penguins!
|
Writing
Standard:
W.1.1 I can write my opinion about a topic and
give reasons for my thinking.
|
Math
Standard:
1.MD.1
I can compare the length of 2 objects.
I can order 3 objects by length.
I can use a third object as a measuring tool to compare the length of 2 objects.
|