Monday, April 28, 2014

This week...

We are fast approaching the end of the school year... it's crunch time now!!!
No spelling words this week! We will review all "bossy r" sounds. 

Here's what we are learning...
Language Arts
I can identify a word in text that has an r-controlled vowel sound. 
I can identify the points the author makes in text.
I can write simple and compound sentences that make an exclamation.
I can write simple and compound sentences that make a statement.
I can write simple and compound sentences that ask a question.
I can write simple and compound sentences that make a request/command.
I can speak in complete sentences. (Practice this at home when asking your child a question.)
I can use a comma to separate three or more words in a series.

Math

I can subtract a 1-digit from a 2-digit with regrouping. 


I can use place value to subtract a 2-digit number from another 2-digit number with regrouping.

I can solve real world problems using addition.
I can solve real world problems using subtraction.