Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Welcome to Kindergarten!

I am super excited to have your sweet kindergartner in my class this school year! This blog is going to be the central hub of EVERYTHING that goes on this school year! Now that you're here, I want to take a few moments to introduce myself.

My name is Anna Tipton and this is my 9th year teaching at Wellington Elementary. Before coming to Wellington, I taught in "sunny south Florida" for 6 years.

I live in Georgetown with my husband, Kevin, and my three kids:
Ibiza- who will be a Freshman at Transylvania this fall
Xain- who will be in 2nd grade at Wellington
Ryker- who is starting Kindergarten at Wellington
This is a picture of us on our summer vacation to Antelope Canyon in Page, Arizona.

I graduated from Florida Atlantic University with a bachelors in Elementary Education and I received my masters from University of the Cumberlands in teacher leadership.

Kindergarten is a HUGE growth year for your child. You will see your child TAKE OFF in reading, writing, and math this year...without them even knowing it because it's just so FUN!

Our Schedule

Here's what you need to know:

Recess #1- 9:45-10:00
Lunch - 11:10-11:35
Specials -12:30-1:25
Recess #2 - 1:30-1:45
Language Arts is in the morning, Math is in the afternoon.

Things to Know.
·        Don’t forget you are welcome to walk your child to our classroom Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. Our bell rings at 7:45am and we just ask that you leave before that so we can get started with our busy, fun filled day!
·         Students should wear their new Wellington shirts on the first day. 
·         Please be mindful when taking pictures in the classroom and at school that other students are not in the picture in order to respect everyone’s privacy
·         Also, I have set up the Remind app. This is a way for us to communicate via text and it is also how I will send last minute info and snapshots of our day. The paper with the instructions on how to join were in your child's blue folder. THIS WILL BE THE MAIN WAY I COMMUNICATE REMINDERS AND PICTURES!
Enroll in our class text system to stay in the know: 
1. send a text to: 81010
2. type this message: @19kind

The Volunteer Application (click here to complete) is a mandatory form that you must complete in order to volunteer. Please complete this form ASAP if you plan to come in as a reader, eat lunch with your child and/or chaperone field trips (we have our first one in Sept).

The Picture Permission Slip (click here to complete) is a quick form that lets me know whether I have your permission to take and post pictures of your child on the classroom blog. If you scroll through this blog, you'll see that I LOVE to post pictures of the fun things we do in class each week. 

The Classroom Volunteer Sign-Up Form (click here to complete) is a form to let me know in what capacity you would like to help in the classroom. This is not a way for me to trick you into coming in every week! This is just for me to know who to call on if I find myself needing a helping hand at some point :)
I'm looking forward to having a great school year with your child!