Sunday, October 15, 2017

Short e with ea, Nouns, Characters, Setting, Main Events, Opinion Writing, Missing Addends in Story Problems

Specials
Monday- Art
Tuesday- STEM
Wednesday- Technology
Thursday- Library
Friday- Day Zero- STEM DAY in the gym


Important Notes
10/17- Picture Day! Dress to Impress!
10/20- Fall Festival

**Fall Conferences are being scheduled. I will send out the link to sign up tomorrow if I haven't met with you yet.

Red Ribbon week is coming up! Check out the fun theme days for next week (10/23-10/27)
Monday- Sun glasses day "Too Cool for Drugs"
Tuesday-Crazy Socks " Sock it to Drugs"
Wednesday- Slippers " Don't Slip into Drugs" (make sure to wear regular shoes to school and pack your slippers)
Thursday- PJs "Don't Get Comfortable with Drugs"
Friday- Wear as much red as you can!

Phonics
Standard:
RF 1.2
Short e, ea
  1. leg
  2. beg
  3. men
  4. hen
  5. head
  6. bread

Language
Standard:
L.1.1b
nouns
I can identify a noun.
Comprehension
Standard:
RL 1.3
Character, setting, events
I can describe the characters and setting in a story.

Stories we will read this week...
Mon.- Millie Waits for the Mail
Tues.- Good Job, Ben!
Wed.- The Red Hat
Thurs.- Firefighters at Work
Fri.- Work on the skill "Connecting Text"
Writing
Standard:
W.1.1
Opinion
(We are wrapping up our narrative pieces this week and then moving into opinion.)
Math
Standard:
1.OA.1
I can solve addition word problems with a missing addend in all positions.