Monday, November 28, 2016

Holidays Around the World

  • We started our "Holidays Around the World" unit today. We plan to "visit" many countries during this month and tie in the standard of RI.1.1 Ask and Answer Questions. Click here to view the planner we will follow throughout this month. Use this planner as a talking point with your child on what country they visit each day and what they have learned. They will bring home their "scrapbook" at the end of this month.
  • A BLUE permission slip to watch Frozen will come home tomorrow.
  • A RED book exchange letter will come home tomorrow.
    Boarding "The Polar Express" with Our Tickets!

    Ready to learn!

    On "The Polar Express"
 WHAT WE ARE LEARNING THIS MONTH...

Week
Phonics
Comprehension
Language
Writing
Math
11/28-12/2
Long a
(a_e)
RF.1.3C
RI.1.1 Ask and Answer Questions
Countries
L.1.1C  Singular and Plural Nouns
W.1.2
(how to writing)
I can understand that subtraction problems are addition problems with an unknown-addend. (1.OA.4)

I can solve subtraction word problems within 10. (1.OA.1)
12/5-12/9
Long a
(ai and ay)
RF.1.3C
RI.1.1 Ask and Answer Questions
Countries
L.1.1C Singular and Plural Nouns (Focus: plural w/ es)
W.1.2
(how to writing)
I can understand a two-digit number as a group of tens and ones.
(1.NBT.2)
12/12-12/16
Review of magic e and long a
RF.1.3C
RL.1.5 Differences between informational and literature
Countries
Review all language for this month.
W.1.2
(publish how to writing)
I can compare two numbers between 0 and 20. (1.NBT.3)