A NEW monthly calendar is in the back of your child's folder. Check it out to see the important events!

Spelling Words
List A:
shop
ship
shut
shed
fish
*push
*shell
List B:
shell
shirt
shark
push
flash
*shake
*shelf
Here are our instructional outcomes for this week: I can blend sounds to read words.
I can identify middle sounds in words.
I can identify the sounds digraph sh makes.
I can create the sound digraph sh makes.
I can identify middle sounds in words.
I can identify the sounds digraph sh makes.
I can create the sound digraph sh makes.
I can self-correct when reading does not make
sense.
I can read and write first grade sight words (on-going).
I can identify important rules to follow during a discussion.
I can apply capital letters and punctuation marks correctly when writing (on-going).
I can read and write first grade sight words (on-going).
I can identify important rules to follow during a discussion.
I can apply capital letters and punctuation marks correctly when writing (on-going).
I can identify and write a proper noun.
I can understand that writers need to build stamina to produce quality work.
I can understand the meaning of an equal sign.
I can understand that writers need to build stamina to produce quality work.
I can understand the meaning of an equal sign.
I can determine if two equations are equal.
I can use key details in a story to describe a character's traits.
I can use key details in a story to describe a character's traits.

.

